My Health E can help you navigate the complex healthcare landscape.
My Health E is:
A patient health literacy advocacy company whose mission is to help educate, empower and engage patients and caregivers by providing easier access to health education and through those means support happier and healthier patients.
Why health literacy is important.
National Assessment of Health Literacy study states that only 12% of U.S. adults have the health literacy proficiency to perform complex health tasks such as using a table to calculate an employee’s share of health insurance costs.
The Institute of Medicine reports that 90 million people, nearly half our adult population, lack health literacy skills needed to understand and act on health information and health system demands.
- 10,000 people reach retirement age every day
- Health literacy affect all people, the elderly and chronically ill are most at-risk, and also have the greatest healthcare needs and expenses.
- $106-$238 Billion annual cost of low health literacy.
- • Health literacy is essential for successful access to care and use of services, self-care of chronic conditions, and maintenance of health and wellness.
- • Health literacy is fundamental to healthcare and is required for individuals to have a more active role in decisions, and management.
- • Health literacy helps patients navigate through the rapidly changing complexities in healthcare. To include:
Medicare and Medicaid
Hospital Network Systems
• My Health E provides convenience by raising the awareness of patient health education classes and events in your area. More choices give patients more opportunities to attend health education events.
• All classes and events are conducted by Healthcare Professionals and open to the public.
• Many (over 90%) of the patient education events are FREE to the public.
Our patient centric mission is to improve access to care, self-care and maintenance of health and wellness by increasing the health literacy proficiency of all Americans. To streamline access to patient education across all health sectors in our country, to improve the public’s ability to use essential health education by aligning the skills and abilities of the patients with the demands and complexity of health care services. To help educate, empower and engage patients as a way to increase better outcomes and healthier, happier patients.
Together, through collaboration with health education providers, we can reduce educational barriers and make patient health education easier to access on My Health E. We need your help. Please ask any and all organizations to list their patient health education events on My Health E