Date(s) - 05/16/2019
10:00 am - 11:30 am
502 845 6849
4H CENTER FAIR GROUNDS
PATIENT EDUCATION ASSOCIATION
Number of Seats Available
- Community Health Outreach Events
- Food, Nutrition and Metabolism
- H E A L T H / W E L L N E S S
- Health Fairs
- R E S O U R C E S - Fairs, Insurance, Certifications, Walks, etc.
- SENIOR HEALTH
- Wellness & Lifestyle
Dear Community Members and Partners,
Our coalition exist to help Henry County become a healthier place to live, work, and play. Several folks recently have asked about a resource or providers meeting in Henry County. We do not need another meeting. However, we do need the providers and agencies in our area to meet with us. We need the faith-based and the members of our community, as well. The schools could bring tremendous ideas, as well as offering ways for the students to understand and help meet their community needs. We have seniors who could use the support of the students. Businesses and government have a lot to offer as we work within our community. We can become a multi-faced coalition to meet the many needs of Henry County. Will you help us?
We meet the third Thursday of every month at 10:00 AM until 11:30 at the 4-H Center on the Fair Grounds. We do incorporate various types of education within our meetings. Some of the things that we have done include:
• Health and Resource Education (Classes and/or stand-alone events)
• Great Speakers at our coalition meetings
• Senior Baskets for Christmas
• Minimum Mentoring for our seniors (We will be enlarging the program)
• Porch Gardens for our seniors
• Worked with Henry County Agriculture Club to provide fresh vegetables for Twin Oaks Assisted Living Residents and senior citizens at Henry County Community Action Center
• Annual county challenge walk
We would like to do more, but the workers are few. As we join our efforts and become fully integrated, we can accomplish great things in Henry County. Please consider joining us February 21, as we sit around the table and brainstorm strategies to become more effective. Let us look at our county and develop ways to become healthier in all aspects of our lives from the womb to the tomb. Many thinks what we do is just for seniors, which is a focus but not all of it. There is a seat at the table for you. We need each other!